Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Isla del Coco, Costa Rica


On the way to Ecuador aboard the Leonore we stopped at Isla del Coco which is a Costa Rican island 300 miles offshore. A national park, Cocos is 4 miles long and it's only inhabitants are park rangers and volunteers. They recieve very few visitors every year and most of them are off dive boats. Cocos is know for it's verdant waterfalls and wonderful diving. Mark and I had the pleasure of seeing tons of wildlife, from cocos geckos to hammerhead sharks (swimming under us while snorkeling). Truly one of the coolest place either of us has ever been. We stayed three days and then we were back on our way for 4 more days to our destination Salinas, Ecuador.




.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello sailors! And a very Happy Birthday to you Liz! I hope you are having a wonderful birthday (how could you not!?) and have plans to do something great or nothing at all! I am sure either could be considered a rank in "best birthdays ever" solely based on where you are at! I have been following you two closely, checking in at least once a week to see where your travels have taken you recently. It looks like you are having a wonderful time and getting the opportunity to see many new fun and exciting things! I miss you tons, and still stay hopeful for a postcard from one of your exotic locales! I must live vicariously through you and your travels, as there is not much excitement to be had up here in the midwest! The most exciting thing for me now is I will be done with school in 2 1/2 weeks! Can you believe I did it Liz? Finally on to bigger and better things! (sort of)! Take care and keep the posts coming! Miss you!
Love, Melsie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZZIE!

My fellow gemini, I miss you so, even though we did not live near, I always knew I could reach you! What an amazing way to celebrate your 31st! I am calling this year the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. I plan to have some coronas in celebration of your day of birth, both tonight and again on the 14th - that way it is kind of like celebrating together! Hurray! I am so happy you were born on this day 31 years ago! Love ya, sweetie! Hi to Mark!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY LIZ! All is well in Phoenix. You both look so healthy and vibrant, especially Mark; if that's the glow of following ones dream then the definition of the Meaning of Life has been defined; Follow Your Dream

Much Love;

Lane